Thank you to everyone who has given items, support, and prayers for Nicki and Gabriel. After more than six months of homelessness with a newborn, they are finally in their own home together. Here is a thank you video from Nicki for all the support she has received:
Here is an updated list of a few more items that they could still use which can be dropped off at our office at 1521 E Missouri Ave in El Paso on weekdays from 9AM to 4pm, or if you are in Las Cruces, you can also continue to drop off items at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
- Cleaning supplies, Broom/dustpan, Swiffer, Vacuum
- Bed, Bean bag chairs, Tables, Dressers, Shelves
- Plates, Bowls, Cups
- Ice maker, Fan, Towels
- Clothes hangers
- Toy box & DVD player
- Household toolset, nails, thumbtacks, hooks
- Household lightbulbs and batteries
- Stepladder & Stepstool
- Large dog bed and dog food
- Monthly bus passes
Please join us in continuing to help more moms and babies Nicki and Gabriel through our Hero Fund. With just two days left of 2021, the IRS is allowing a tax deduction of $300 for individuals and $600 for married filers for charitable contributions, even if you don’t itemize your taxes!
We are still short of our year-end goal by $20,097 but you can help us close this gap and take advantage of this tax benefit by donating before midnight, December 31, 2021.
If you have yet to join as an ongoing monthly member, all new and increased monthly pledges will also be annualized towards this goal.
Checks and monthly bill pay can be directed to: Southwest Coalition for Life, 1521 E Missouri Ave, El Paso, TX 79902.
Other ways to Give:
- Donate Stock: Avoid capital gains tax while deducting 100% of the value of your contribution, earning 2-3x the tax savings
- Donate Crypto: Similar to stock, donating cryptocurrency such as bitcoin can maximize your giving impact
- Qualified Charitable Distribution from your IRA: If you are 70½ or older, talk to your investment professional about making a Qualified Charitable Distribution directly from your IRA. You do not have to count these distributions as taxable income, so there is no need to itemize. This method may also help keep your Medicare premiums low.
- Employer Matching: Check here to see if your employer will match your donation to double your impact!
- Amazon Smile: Every time you buy at smile.amazon.com, they make a small donation to us. We’ve already received $375 from just a few people using Amazon Smile at no extra cost!
- Round Up App: Donate your spare change by automatically rounding up every transaction on your debit or credit card to the nearest dollar and donating it to our cause!
May God reward you for your charity, and I pray you have a blessed and safe New Year!