Southwest Coalition for Life
The Southwest Coalition for Life is searching for licensed sonographers on a full-time or part-time basis to help expand our ultrasound services to women and families across the Borderland region of Las Cruces and Santa Teresa, New Mexico, and El Paso, Texas.
Our outreach interns tirelessly engage women and couples who often feel they have no choice but abortion. However, it is extremely difﬁcult to support them without resources close at hand. With our “Save the Storks” Mobile Medical Unit (MMU), we are able to park the resources of a pregnancy center right where abortion-vulnerable women are. She no longer needs to ﬁnd us because we’ve come directly to her. This has become integral in helping our sidewalk outreach empower more women to reconsider their decision to abort.
Following a proven model with a track record of success, our mobile sonographers bring the life-saving care of free ultrasounds right to the front doors of local abortion centers in Santa Teresa and Las Cruces, New Mexico.
Candidates must be a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS). New Mexico requires an additional state license for sonographers, but Texas does not, so you must be licensed in New Mexico or willing to apply for the license. The specialist will also take part of a close-knit team that has a passion for empowering our clients.
Nationally, 4 out of 5 women who board a Storks Bus choose life for their children! We also occasionally work with other local ministries, churches, and organizations to bring our Mobile Medical Unit to schools, events, and areas where we can proactively help moms facing unexpected pregnancy choose life, before they ever look up the address or number for a local abortion center.
The ideal candidate will enjoy:
- Our unique model: In addition to our programs to build a Culture of Life in the Southwest, we also strive toward providing quality healthcare to ensure that women have a life-affirming alternative through pre-natal and post-natal medical, education, and material support.
- Our culture: At Southwest Coalition for Life, we offer a more relaxed working environment, catering to the needs of our employees and establishing a family-like feel, leading by example to help moms be heroes by supporting childwatch and breastfeeding in the workplace.
- Being an innovator: With the merger of two non-profit organizations, you will be part of a ground-breaking new venture on the new frontline of the pro-life movement in post-Roe America.
The Southwest Coalition for Life is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation which started in 2015 as a way to peacefully and prayerfully end the trauma of abortion in Las Cruces, New Mexico. We partnered with Guiding Star El Paso in 2017 to help moms be heroes by empowering and connecting women and couples with free, quality, and life-affirming care through our intern outreach, medical ultrasound bus, and medical centers which are currently expanding to provide comprehensive wholistic women’s healthcare focused on fertility, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and mothering.
Our Core Values
The Education Specialist will embody and execute Southwest Coalition for Life’s Core Values within their day-to-day duties and responsibilities:
- Humble: Be respectful, share credit, and lift up your team even at a potential loss for yourself.
- Hungry: Take initiative, strive for excellence in your work, and take the next step no matter the obstacles.
- Smart: Be conscious of the impact of your words and actions on others, and communicate clearly to handle conflict effectively.
- Heart: Be compassionate, prayerful, and woman-centered, empathetic towards others and able to both love joyfully and act soberly when needing to give aid.
What the Role Entails
The following are detailed performance objectives for our Mobile Sonographer. When measuring overall aptitude and cultural fit, all candidates will be benchmarked using these standards.
- Sonographers will follow our policies and procedures and function as a healthcare provider who, working under the delegated authority of our supervising physicians, serves as a medical imaging professional providing clinically relevant information to assist the physician with the diagnosis and treatment of patients using a GE Voluson S8 Touch 2D/3D/4D ultrasound machine on board our state-of-the-art and life-saving Mobile Medical Unit
- Sonographer activities are performed consistent with their education and training, and in accordance with organizational policies and procedures and applicable professional standards.