Guiding Star Southwest
Guiding Star Southwest, a division of Southwest Coalition, Inc., is seeking a dedicated Sonographer to join its mission in expanding life-affirming medical services for women in the Borderland region encompassing El Paso, Texas, and Southern New Mexico. As an affiliate of the national Guiding Star Project and inspired by St. Mary, Our Lady Star of the Sea, Guiding Star Southwest is committed to delivering trauma-informed healthcare that respects the whole person by considering a woman’s mind, body, and soul. The organization’s focus spans the full spectrum of women’s health, from puberty through perimenopause, and emphasizes fertility, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and motherhood, while striving to reduce trauma by advocating against societal pressures that may compromise the natural functions of a woman’s body. The ideal candidate is a passionate Sonographer to humbly and prayerfully reach the hearts of women wholistically.
As a critical member of the team, the Sonographer will be responsible for welcoming patients into a comfortable and loving environment as well as using their training and knowledge to care for the patient and compassionately answer questions that the patient may have.
The ideal candidate will enjoy:
- Our unique model: In addition to our programs to build a Culture of Life in the Southwest, we also strive to provide expert healthcare to ensure that women have a life-affirming alternative through pre-natal and post-natal healthcare, education, and material support.
- Our culture: At Southwest Coalition for Life, we offer a more relaxed working environment, catering to the needs of our employees and establishing a family-like feel, leading by example to help moms the heroes by offering in-house childcare for staff and supporting breastfeeding in the workplace.
- Being an innovator: With the merger and expansion of two non-profit organizations, you will be establishing the medical practice for a new venture and helping support a ground-breaking mission on the new frontline of the pro-life movement in post-Roe America.
Southwest Coalition, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation focused on restoring reverence for the sanctity of human life and natural womanhood across the Southwest through a coalition of nonprofit social enterprises in line with Catholic and Biblical teaching, including our Guiding Star Southwest women’s medical centers, The Lily Pad Maternity Home, our Her Care Connection outreach and mobile medical bus, and Coalition for Life ministries.
Our Core Values
All team members must embody and execute our Core Values within their day-to-day duties and responsibilities:
- Humble: Lack entitlement and ego, be respectful and flexible, don’t take yourself too seriously, set others up for success even at a potential loss for yourself.
- Hungry: Have an unrelenting hunger to change the world, taking initiative fueled by a boldly optimistic hope and entrepreneurial growth mindset.
- Smart: Strong emotional intelligence understanding the impact of your words and actions on others, inviting vulnerable communication and healthy conflict.
- Heart: Be compassionate, prayerful, and empathetic with a sincere desire to truly see and know others through a reverence for life and natural womanhood.
What the Role Entails
The following are detailed performance objectives for the Sonographer. When measuring overall aptitude and cultural fit, all candidates will be benchmarked using these standards.
- Effortlessly provide mentorship, case management, and education to abortion-minded patients through explanation of all options, with a focus on medical facts, consequences, and risks.
- Utilize ultrasound training to elevate the patient experience by providing standard care with exceptional patient care focus.
- Efficiently create and update patient folders with complete and accurate information, and file securely per HIPAA rules & guidelines, as well as internal policy & procedure.
- Provide support to patients seeking help through services; listening first to understand their concerns.
- Provide support to women and couples: educating them about pregnancy & fetal development, healthy choices regarding pregnancy situation, improving parenting skills, and encouraging healthy relationships in a non-judgemental way
- Collaboratively work alongside passionate individuals of different medical backgrounds to provide comprehensive wholistic care to women.
Job Types: Full-time
Salary: From $23.00 per hour
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Up to 25% travel
Ability to commute/relocate:
- El Paso, TX 79902: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- English and Spanish
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer License (Preferred)
- ARRT Certification (Preferred)