Website Guiding Star Southwest
Guiding Star Southwest, a division of Southwest Coalition, Inc., is seeking a dedicated Nurse to join its mission in expanding life-affirming medical services for women in the Borderland region encompassing El Paso, Texas, and Southern New Mexico. As an affiliate of the national Guiding Star Project and inspired by St. Mary, Our Lady Star of the Sea, Guiding Star Southwest is committed to delivering trauma-informed healthcare that respects the whole person by considering a woman’s mind, body, and soul. The organization’s focus spans the full spectrum of women’s health, from puberty through perimenopause, and emphasizes fertility, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and motherhood, while striving to reduce trauma by advocating against societal pressures that may compromise the natural functions of a woman’s body. The ideal candidate is a compassionate Nurse Professional with a servant’s heart, eager to be both a voice and provider for wholistic comprehensive care.
The Nurse (RN) will be trained in limited obstetrical sonography to perform ultrasounds scans, pregnancy testing, and STI testing on board our mobile medical bus, and participate in the day-to-day operations of medical operations in El Paso and Las Cruces, ensuring that clients are seen with quality care to each case. The Nurse (RN) will use previous medical experience and their desire to elevate women’s healthcare in their workday at Guiding Star Southwest.
The ideal candidate will enjoy:
- Our unique model: In addition to our programs to build a Culture of Life in the Southwest, we also strive to provide expert healthcare to ensure that women have a life-affirming alternative through pre-natal and post-natal healthcare, education, and material support.
- Our culture: At Southwest Coalition for Life, we offer a more relaxed working environment, catering to the needs of our employees and establishing a family-like feel, leading by example to help moms the heroes by offering in-house childcare for staff and supporting breastfeeding in the workplace.
- Being an innovator: With the merger and expansion of two non-profit organizations, you will be establishing the medical practice for a new venture and helping support a ground-breaking mission on the new frontline of the pro-life movement in post-Roe America.
Southwest Coalition, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation focused on restoring reverence for the sanctity of human life and natural womanhood across the Southwest through a coalition of nonprofit social enterprises in line with Catholic and Biblical teaching, including our Guiding Star Southwest women’s medical centers, The Lily Pad Maternity Home, our Her Care Connection outreach and mobile medical bus, and Coalition for Life ministries.
Our Core Values
All team members must embody and execute our Core Values within their day-to-day duties and responsibilities:
- Humble: Lack entitlement and ego, be respectful and flexible, don’t take yourself too seriously, set others up for success even at a potential loss for yourself.
- Hungry: Have an unrelenting hunger to change the world, taking initiative fueled by a boldly optimistic hope and entrepreneurial growth mindset.
- Smart: Strong emotional intelligence understanding the impact of your words and actions on others, inviting vulnerable communication and healthy conflict.
- Heart: Be compassionate, prayerful, and empathetic with a sincere desire to truly see and know others through a reverence for life and natural womanhood.
What the Role Entails
The following are detailed performance objectives for the Nurse (RN). When measuring overall aptitude and cultural fit, all candidates will be benchmarked using these standards.
- Complete the Ultrasound Didactic Masterclass within 90 days to learn how to scan women while they are in the early gestational stages of pregnancy.
- Establish solid working relationships with providers and team members at both locations, being able to communicate effectively within 90 days from the start date.
- Demonstrate the ability to establish rapport with clients through conversation, education, and trust within 90 days.
- Perform ultrasounds scans, pregnancy testing, and STI testing on board our Mobile Medical Unit
- Provide overall comprehensive evaluation of training, case management and clinic inefficiencies with useful problem solving techniques to Practice Managers and leadership team within 180 days
- Be ready and willing to train new nurses after being employed for 365 days with the company