Guiding Star Southwest
Guiding Star El Paso is searching for a Nurse to help expand life-affirming medical services to women across the Borderland region of El Paso Texas and Southern New Mexico. Guiding Star El Paso is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation focused on reducing trauma in women’s healthcare by removing the expectation often placed upon women to alter, suppress, and destroy the normal healthy functions of her natural body. It is looking to find a passionate Nurse Professional to provide services with compassion and a servant heart.
The Nurse (RN) will participate in the day-to-day operations of medical operations in El Paso and Las Cruces, ensuring that clients are seen with quality care to each case. The Nurse (RN) will use previous medical experience and their desire to elevate women’s healthcare in their workday at Guiding Star Southwest.
The ideal candidate will enjoy:
- Our unique model: In addition to our programs to build a Culture of Life in the Southwest, we also strive to provide expert healthcare to ensure that women have a life-affirming alternative through pre-natal and post-natal healthcare, education, and material support.
- Our culture: At Guiding Star Southwest, we offer a more relaxed working environment, catering to the needs of our employees and establishing a family-like feel, leading by example to help moms the heroes by supporting childwatch and breastfeeding in the workplace.
- Being an innovator: With the merger of two non-profit organizations, you will be establishing the medical practice for a new venture and helping support a ground-breaking mission on the new frontline of the pro-life movement in post-Roe America.
House of Hope opened in 2002 providing supportive and life-affirming options to women in the El Paso area. We became Guiding Star El Paso in 2017 to help moms be heroes by empowering and connecting women and couples with free, quality, and life-affirming care which is currently expanding to provide comprehensive women’s healthcare focused on fertility, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and parenting.
Our Core Values
The Nurse (RN) will embody and execute our Core Values within their day-to-day duties and responsibilities:
- Humble: Be respectful, share credit, and lift up your team even at a potential loss for yourself.
- Hungry: Take initiative, strive for excellence in your work, and take the next step no matter the obstacles.
- Smart: Be conscious of the impact of your words and actions on others, and communicate clearly to handle conflict effectively.
- Heart: Be compassionate, prayerful, and woman-centered, empathetic towards others and able to both love joyfully and act soberly when needing to give aid.
What the Role Entails
The following are detailed performance objectives for the Nurse (RN). When measuring overall aptitude and cultural fit, all candidates will be benchmarked using these standards.
- Complete the Ultrasound Didactic Masterclass within 90 days to learn how to scan women while they are in the early gestational stages of pregnancy.
- Establish solid working relationships with providers and team members at both locations, being able to communicate effectively within 90 days from the start date.
- Demonstrate the ability to establish rapport with clients through conversation, education, and trust within 90 days.
- Provide overall comprehensive evaluation of training, case management and clinic inefficiencies with useful problem solving techniques to Practice Managers and leadership team within 180 days
- Be ready and willing to train new nurses after being employed for 365 days with the company