Website Guiding Star Southwest
Guiding Star Southwest is searching for a Healthcare Practice Manager to help expand life-affirming medical services to women across the Borderland region of El Paso Texas and Southern New Mexico. Guiding Star Southwest is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation focused on reducing trauma in women’s healthcare by removing the expectation often placed upon women to alter, suppress, and destroy the normal healthy functions of her natural body. It is looking to find a passionate Practice Manager to oversee the credentialing, licensing, and healthcare operations of a wholistic women’s medical center focused on fertility, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and mothering.
As a key member of the leadership team, the Practice Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations of medical operations in El Paso and Las Cruces, ensuring that it runs smoothly in compliance with all applicable state regulations, medical licensures, and best practices while meeting budget goals.
The ideal candidate will enjoy:
- Our unique model: In addition to our programs to build a Culture of Life in the Southwest, we also strive to provide expert healthcare to ensure that women have a life-affirming alternative through pre-natal and post-natal healthcare, education, and material support.
- Our culture: At Guiding Star Southwest, we offer a more relaxed working environment, catering to the needs of our employees and establishing a family-like feel, leading by example to help moms the heroes by supporting child watch and breastfeeding in the workplace.
- Being an innovator: With the merger of two non-profit organizations, you will be establishing the medical practice for a new venture and helping support a ground-breaking mission on the new frontline of the pro-life movement in post-Roe America.
House of Hope opened in 2002 providing supportive and life-affirming options to women in the El Paso area. We became Guiding Star El Paso in 2017 to help moms be heroes by empowering and connecting women and couples with free, quality, and life-affirming care which is currently expanding to provide comprehensive women’s healthcare focused on fertility, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and parenting.
Our Core Values
The Practice Manager will embody and execute our Core Values within their day-to-day duties and responsibilities:
- Humble: Be respectful, share credit, and lift up your team even at a potential loss for yourself.
- Hungry: Take initiative, strive for excellence in your work, and take the next step no matter the obstacles.
- Smart: Be conscious of the impact of your words and actions on others, and communicate clearly to handle conflict effectively.
- Heart: Be compassionate, prayerful, and woman-centered, empathetic towards others, and able to both love joyfully and act soberly when needing to give aid.
What the Role Entails
The following are detailed performance objectives for the Practice Manager. When measuring overall aptitude and cultural fit, all candidates will be benchmarked using these standards.
- Oversee medical credentialing and billing to accept insurance.
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the medical practice.
- Hiring and supervising healthcare staff.
- Working with Finance Department to manage budgets and payroll.
- Collaborate with the leadership team and medical personnel to develop and assess mission strategies and patient services.
- Monitoring inventory and placing orders for resupply.
- Ensure policies and best practices are up to industry standards and government regulations
- Source vendors for medical equipment, healthcare supplies, furniture, computers, and other essential items for the clinic, waiting room, and office area.
- Interacting with patients to address any concerns or complaints.
- Organize patient records using electronic health records keeping
- Supervise daily practice operations such as billing, debt collections, security, and occupational health and safety
- Monitor the inventory for medications and medical equipment and organize for resupply
- Coordinate regular staff meetings and performance reviews