Southwest Coalition, Inc.
Southwest Coalition, Inc., is searching for passionate interns to help moms be heroes by connecting abortion-vulnerable women and couples to the care she to choose life!
The Her Care Connection Internship is a unique and exciting opportunity for young adults seeking to gain real-world experience, explore and discern opportunities, form and grow personally, and be a part of the real and practical solution to building a local Culture of Life. Working as Referral Agents, interns will gain on-the-street experience working as part of our Medical Ultrasound Bus team, connecting abortion-vulnerable women and couples facing unexpected pregnancies to the life-affirming care and support. The intern will also have the opportunity cultivate networking skills with community resources across the Borderland region, including various Pregnancy Help Centers in El Paso and Las Cruces.
This paid internship a personally enriching opportunity offering excellent resume experience for NMSU, UTEP, and EPCC students seeking further education or careers in the pro-life movement, or in fields such as counseling, human services, psychology, behavioral sciences, marketing, family development, health professions, research, philosophy, religious studies, and more!
The ideal candidate will enjoy:
- Our unique model: In addition to our programs to build a Culture of Life in the Southwest, we also strive to provide expert healthcare to ensure that women have a life-affirming alternative through pre-natal and post-natal healthcare, education, and material support.
- Our culture: At the Southwest Coalition, we offer a more relaxed working environment, catering to the needs of our employees and establishing a family-like feel, leading by example to help moms the heroes by offering in-house childcare for staff and supporting breastfeeding in the workplace.
- Being an innovator: With the merger and expansion of two non-profit organizations, you will be part of a ground-breaking new venture on the new frontline of the pro-life movement in post-Roe America.
Southwest Coalition, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation focused on restoring reverence for the sanctity of human life and natural womanhood across the Southwest through a coalition of nonprofit social enterprises in line with Catholic and Biblical teaching, including our Guiding Star Southwest women’s medical centers, The Lily Pad Maternity Home, our Her Care Connection outreach and mobile medical bus, and Coalition for Life ministries.
Our Core Values
Outreach Interns must embody and execute the Southwest Coalition’s Core Values within their day-to-day duties and responsibilities:
- Humble: Lack entitlement and ego, be respectful and flexible, don’t take yourself too seriously, set others up for success even at a potential loss for yourself.
- Hungry: Have an unrelenting hunger to change the world, taking initiative fueled by a boldly optimistic hope and entrepreneurial growth mindset.
- Smart: Strong emotional intelligence understanding the impact of your words and actions on others, inviting vulnerable communication and healthy conflict.
- Heart: Be compassionate, prayerful, and empathetic with a sincere desire to truly see and know others through a reverence for life and natural womanhood.
What the Role Entails
The following are detailed performance objectives for Outreach Interns. When measuring overall aptitude and cultural fit, all candidates will be benchmarked using these standards.
- Attend regular trainings and meetings after acceptance into the program.
- Work 6 to 20 hours per week of compassionate and professional outreach outside a local abortion facility, or more, depending on availability.
- Assist in other activities including but not limited to events, community outreach, fundraising, phone calls, mailings, emails, presentations, or other office related tasks.