Website Southwest Coalition for Life
The Southwest Coalition for Life is searching for passionate young adults to help moms be heroes by connecting abortion-vulnerable women and couples to the care she to choose life! The Southwest Coalition for Life is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation focused on ending the trauma of abortion through compassionate prayerful community outreach and life-affirming wholistic women’s healthcare.
The Her Care Connection Internship is a unique and exciting opportunity for young adults seeking to gain real-world experience, explore and discern opportunities, form and grow personally, and be a part of the real and practical solution to building a local Culture of Life. Working as Referral Agents, interns will gain on-the-street experience working as part of our Medical Ultrasound Bus team, connecting abortion-vulnerable women and couples facing unexpected pregnancies to the life-affirming care and support. The intern will also have the opportunity cultivate networking skills with community resources across the Borderland region, including various Pregnancy Help Centers in El Paso and Las Cruces.
This paid internship a personally enriching opportunity offering excellent resume experience for NMSU, UTEP, and EPCC students seeking further education or careers in the pro-life movement, or in fields such as counseling, human services, psychology, behavioral sciences, marketing, family development, health professions, research, philosophy, religious studies, and more!
The ideal candidate will enjoy:
- Our unique model: In addition to our programs to build a Culture of Life in the Southwest, we also strive to provide expert healthcare to ensure that women have a life-affirming alternative through pre-natal and post-natal healthcare, education, and material support.
- Our culture: At Southwest Coalition for Life, we offer a more relaxed working environment, catering to the needs of our employees and establishing a family-like feel, leading by example to help moms the heroes by supporting childwatch and breastfeeding in the workplace.
- Being an innovator: With the merger of two non-profit organizations, you will be part of a ground-breaking new venture on the new frontline of the pro-life movement in post-Roe America.
The Southwest Coalition for Life started in 2015 as a way to peacefully and prayerfully end the trauma of abortion in Las Cruces, New Mexico. We partnered with Guiding Star El Paso in 2017 to help moms be heroes by empowering and connecting women and couples with free, quality, and life-affirming care through our intern outreach, medical ultrasound bus, and medical center which is currently expanding to provide comprehensive women’s healthcare focused on fertility, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and parenting.
Our Core Values
Outreach Interns must embody and execute Southwest Coalition for Life’s Core Values within their day-to-day duties and responsibilities:
- Humble: Be respectful, share credit, and lift up your team even at a potential loss for yourself.
- Hungry: Take initiative, strive for excellence in your work, and take the next step no matter the obstacles.
- Smart: Be conscious of the impact of your words and actions on others, and communicate clearly to handle conflict effectively.
- Heart: Be compassionate, prayerful, and woman-centered, empathetic towards others and able to both love joyfully and act soberly when needing to give aid.
What the Role Entails
The following are detailed performance objectives for Outreach Interns. When measuring overall aptitude and cultural fit, all candidates will be benchmarked using these standards.
- Attend regular trainings and meetings after acceptance into the program.
- Work 6 to 20 hours per week of compassionate and professional outreach outside a local abortion facility, or more, depending on availability.
- Assist in other activities including but not limited to events, community outreach, fundraising, phone calls, mailings, emails, presentations, or other office related tasks.