Guiding Star El Paso
Family Resource Specialist
The Southwest Coalition for Life is searching for a Family Resource Specialist to help expand services to women across the Borderland region of El Paso Texas and Southern New Mexico. The Southwest Coalition for Life is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation focused on ending the trauma of abortion through compassionate prayerful community outreach and life-affirming wholistic women’s healthcare. It is looking to find a passionate Family Resource Specialist to humbly and diligently serve the families seeking material assistance.
As a critical member of the team, the Family Resource Specialist will be responsible for speaking to clients on a daily basis and taking a personal interest in their well-being and immediate needs. The specialist will also take part of a close knit team that utilizes strengths and weaknesses to carry out tasks for the clients.
The ideal candidate will enjoy:
- Our unique model: In addition to our programs to build a Culture of Life in the Southwest, we also strive toward providing quality healthcare to ensure that women have a life-affirming alternative through pre-natal and post-natal medical, education, and material support.
- Our culture: At Southwest Coalition for Life, we offer a more relaxed working environment, catering to the needs of our employees and establishing a family-like feel, leading by example to help moms be heroes by supporting childwatch and breastfeeding in the workplace.
- Being an innovator: As a small non-profit organization, you will be joining a team that welcomes innovation and ideas to support a ground-breaking mission on the new frontline of the pro-life movement in post-Roe America.
The Southwest Coalition for Life started in 2015 as a way to peacefully and prayerfully end the trauma of abortion in Las Cruces, New Mexico. We partnered with Guiding Star El Paso in 2017 to help moms be heroes by empowering and connecting women and couples with free, quality, and life-affirming care through our intern outreach, medical ultrasound bus, and medical centers which are currently expanding to provide comprehensive women’s healthcare focused on fertility, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and mothering.
Our Core Values
The Family Resource Specialist will embody and execute Southwest Coalition for Life’s Core Values within their day-to-day duties and responsibilities:
- Humble: Be respectful, share credit, and lift up your team even at a potential loss for yourself.
- Hungry: Take initiative, strive for excellence in your work, and take the next step no matter the obstacles.
- Smart: Be conscious of the impact of your words and actions on others, and communicate clearly to handle conflict effectively.
- Heart: Be compassionate, prayerful, and woman-centered, empathetic towards others and able to both love joyfully and act soberly when needing to give aid.
What the Role Entails
The following are detailed performance objectives for the Family Resource Specialist. When measuring overall aptitude and cultural fit, all candidates will be benchmarked using these standards.
- Assist with inventory shipment receipt, movement of inventory items to their assigned locations, and preparation of client assistance packages.
- Receive material donations from community partners, donors and supporters – following process and documentation as directed by the Family Resource Coordinator.
- Efficiently create and update client folders with complete and accurate information, and file securely per HIPAA rules & guidelines, as well as internal policy & procedure.
- Provide support to clients seeking help through services; listening first to understand their concerns.
- Provide material assistance, referrals, and additional services as the situation requires.
- Submit invoices in compliance with guidelines and deadlines.