Guiding Star El Paso
The Southwest Coalition for Life is searching for an Education Specialist to help expand Guiding Star services to women and families across the Borderland region of El Paso Texas and Southern New Mexico. The Southwest Coalition for Life is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation focused on ending the trauma of abortion through compassionate prayerful community outreach and life-affirming wholistic women’s healthcare. It is looking to find a passionate Education Specialist to humbly and diligently serve the families seeking educational support and guidance.
As a member of the team, the Education Specialist will be responsible for instructing clients in classes that support both mothers and fathers and equip them with the knowledge to be exceptional parents. The specialist will also take part of a close-knit team that has a passion for empowering our clients.
The ideal candidate will enjoy:
- Our unique model: In addition to our programs to build a Culture of Life in the Southwest, we also strive toward providing quality healthcare to ensure that women have a life-affirming alternative through pre-natal and post-natal medical, education, and material support.
- Our culture: At Southwest Coalition for Life, we offer a more relaxed working environment, catering to the needs of our employees and establishing a family-like feel, leading by example to help moms be heroes by supporting childwatch and breastfeeding in the workplace.
- Being an innovator: As a small non-profit organization, you will be joining a team that welcomes innovation and ideas to support a ground-breaking mission on the new frontline of the pro-life movement in post-Roe America.
The Southwest Coalition for Life started in 2015 as a way to peacefully and prayerfully end the trauma of abortion in Las Cruces, New Mexico. We partnered with Guiding Star El Paso in 2017 to help moms be heroes by empowering and connecting women and couples with free, quality, and life-affirming care through our intern outreach, medical ultrasound bus, and medical centers which are currently expanding to provide comprehensive women’s healthcare focused on fertility, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and mothering.
Our Core Values
The Education Specialist will embody and execute Southwest Coalition for Life’s Core Values within their day-to-day duties and responsibilities:
- Humble: Be respectful, share credit, and lift up your team even at a potential loss for yourself.
- Hungry: Take initiative, strive for excellence in your work, and take the next step no matter the obstacles.
- Smart: Be conscious of the impact of your words and actions on others, and communicate clearly to handle conflict effectively.
- Heart: Be compassionate, prayerful, and woman-centered, empathetic towards others and able to both love joyfully and act soberly when needing to give aid.
What the Role Entails
The following are detailed performance objectives for the Education Specialist. When measuring overall aptitude and cultural fit, all candidates will be benchmarked using these standards.
- Prepare and send program information packets to prospective and current clients or networking organizations promptly.
- Assist with producing marketing materials used to strengthen and grow current community partnerships.
- Screen registrations to determine eligibility for contract services/assistance and complete client intake process.
- Assist clients with troubleshooting registration problems and technical issues.
- Be prepared to teach classes and facilitate workshops if an instructor is unavailable.
- Responsible for translation and creation of marketing & orientation workshop materials in Spanish as needed.
- Co-Facilitate educational workshops: take attendance, manage chat, and process clients.
- Invoice for any eligible services according to contract guidelines.