Southwest Coalition for Life
The Southwest Coalition for Life is searching for a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to help expand services to women across the Borderland region of El Paso Texas and Southern New Mexico. The Southwest Coalition for Life is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation focused on ending the trauma of abortion through compassionate prayerful community outreach and life-affirming wholistic women’s healthcare. It is looking to find a passionate CFO to fill the finance seat on their leadership team running on the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS).
As a key member of the leadership team, the CFO will be actively analyzing day-to-day operations of the company to determine the best avenues for budgeting and spending, and will review company performance to best project company goals to promote growth.
While overseeing and directing the finance operations of non-profit programs with 40+ staff, the CFO will have responsibility for leading and managing the accounting and HR teams in the El Paso office. The CFO will possess strong financial acumen, enabling them to serve as a partner, coach, and manager to departmental leaders responsible for playing a role in the organization’s finances.
The ideal candidate will enjoy:
- Our unique model: In addition to our programs to build a Culture of Life in the Southwest, we also strive to provide expert healthcare to ensure that women have a life-affirming alternative through pre-natal and post-natal healthcare, education, and material support.
- Our culture: At Southwest Coalition for Life, we offer a more relaxed working environment, catering to the needs of our employees and establishing a family-like feel, leading by example to help moms be heroes by supporting childwatch and breastfeeding in the workplace.
- Being an innovator: With the merger of two non-profit organizations, you will be establishing the CFO role for a new venture and creating a strategic plan to support a ground-breaking mission on the new frontline of the pro-life movement in post-Roe America.
The Southwest Coalition for Life started in 2015 as a way to peacefully and prayerfully end the trauma of abortion in Las Cruces, New Mexico. We partnered with Guiding Star El Paso in 2017 to help moms be heroes by empowering and connecting women and couples with free, quality, and life-affirming care through our intern outreach, medical ultrasound bus, and medical center which is currently expanding to provide comprehensive women’s healthcare focused on fertility, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and mothering.
Our Core Values
The CFO will embody and execute Southwest Coalition for Life’s Core Values within their day-to-day duties and responsibilities:
- Humble: Be respectful, share credit, and lift up your team even at a potential loss for yourself.
- Hungry: Take initiative, strive for excellence in your work, and take the next step no matter the obstacles.
- Smart: Be conscious of the impact of your words and actions on others, and communicate clearly to handle conflict effectively.
- Heart: Be compassionate, prayerful, and woman-centered, empathetic towards others and able to both love joyfully and act soberly when needing to give aid.
What the Role Entails
This position requires previous university education and/or experience in the following areas. When measuring overall aptitude and cultural fit, all candidates will be benchmarked using these standards.
- Develop strategic plan with executive team to support short and long-term growth and financial goals.
- Oversee audit of merging organizations, incorporation, LLC registrations, taxes, payroll, etc. in Texas and New Mexico.
- Prepare and forecast budgets for 90 days, 1 year, 3 years and 10 years and plan for adjustments at quarterly meetings.
- Work with leaders in all departments to ensure that budgets and revenue streams are best optimized for the continuous growth of the mission.
- Work with marketing department on finding and applying for grants and setting fundraising goals.
- Establish healthy internal and external relationships by collaborating with the leadership team to lead Southwest Coalition for Life to continued success.