Guiding Star El Paso
The Southwest Coalition for Life is searching for a Certified Nurse Midwife to help expand Guiding Star medical services to women across the Borderland region of El Paso Texas and Southern New Mexico. Guiding Star centers exist to reduce trauma in women’s healthcare by removing the expectation often placed upon women to alter, suppress, and destroy the normal healthy functions of her natural body. It is looking to find a passionate CNM to oversee all stages of pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum health care for wholistic women’s medical centers focused on natural fertility, pregnancy, natural childbirth, breastfeeding, and mothering.
As we expand our core services to align with Wholistic Feminism, we are looking for a pro-life CNM to be responsible for working closely with pregnant women, assisting in births, and providing health care to women and infants post-pregnancy. The CNM will assist with prenatal care, labor, delivery, and postpartum care, and may also provide reproductive care, treatment, and education to female and male patients.
To be a successful wholistic CNM, you should be dedicated and focused on providing top-quality wholistic care and education to your patients, focused on “wholism” or whole-person care which considers a person’s mind, body, and spirit. You should have a strong working knowledge of trauma-informed women’s healthcare, as well as a patient, caring, and detail-oriented personality.
The ideal candidate will enjoy:
- Our unique model: In addition to our programs to build a Culture of Life in the Southwest, we strive toward providing quality healthcare to ensure that women have a life-affirming alternative through pre-natal and post-natal medical, education, and material support.
- Our culture: At Southwest Coalition for Life, we offer a more relaxed working environment, catering to the needs of our employees and establishing a family-like feel, leading by example to help moms be heroes by supporting childwatch and breastfeeding in the workplace.
- Being an innovator: With the merger of two non-profit organizations, you will be part of a ground-breaking new venture welcoming innovation and ideas on the new frontline of the pro-life movement in post-Roe America.
The Southwest Coalition for Life started in 2015 as a way to peacefully and prayerfully end the trauma of abortion in Las Cruces, New Mexico. We partnered with Guiding Star El Paso in 2017 to help moms be heroes by empowering and connecting women and couples with free, quality, and life-affirming care through our intern outreach, medical ultrasound bus, and medical centers which are currently expanding to provide comprehensive women’s healthcare focused on fertility, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and mothering.
Our Core Values
The Nurse Midwife will embody and execute our Core Values within their day-to-day duties and responsibilities:
- Humble: Be respectful, share credit, and lift up your team even at a potential loss for yourself.
- Hungry: Take initiative, strive for excellence in your work, and take the next step no matter the obstacles.
- Smart: Be conscious of the impact of your words and actions on others, and communicate clearly to handle conflict effectively.
- Heart: Be compassionate, prayerful, and woman-centered, empathetic towards others and able to both love joyfully and act soberly when needing to give aid.
What the Role Entails
The following are detailed performance objectives for the Certified Nurse Midwife, who will need to be/become licensed in both Texas and New Mexico. When measuring overall aptitude and cultural fit, all candidates will be benchmarked using these standards.
- Working with Gynecologists and Obstetricians to diagnose and treat women’s health issues.
- Performing routine well-woman screenings.
- Ordering, performing, and interpreting diagnostic tests, and prescribing treatments.
- Assisting mothers and families to achieve or avoid pregnancy through evidence-based FACTS and NaPro Technology.
- Assisting mothers and couples with pregnancy and post-pregnancy care.
- Preparing women for labor and delivery and assisting with the birthing process.
- Monitoring the health of expectant mothers and their infants.
- Counseling and educating male and female patients on natural reproductive health and fertility-awareness based methods of family planning.
- Performing administrative duties, such as taking patient histories, handling appointments, and processing payments.