Guiding Star Southwest
Guiding Star Southwest, a division of Southwest Coalition, Inc., is searching for a Nurse Practitioner and/or Certified Nurse Midwife to join its mission in expanding life-affirming medical services for women into Las Cruces, New Mexico. As an affiliate of the national Guiding Star Project and inspired by St. Mary, Our Lady Star of the Sea, Guiding Star Southwest is committed to delivering trauma-informed healthcare that respects the whole person by considering a woman’s mind, body, and soul. The organization’s focus spans the full spectrum of women’s health, from puberty through perimenopause, and emphasizes fertility, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and motherhood, while striving to reduce trauma by advocating against societal pressures that may compromise the natural functions of a woman’s body. The ideal candidate is a compassionate Nurse Professional with a servant’s heart, eager to be both a voice and provider for wholistic comprehensive care.
As we expand our core services to include a birth center in alignment with Wholistic Feminism, we are looking for a pro-life CNM to be responsible for working closely with pregnant women, assisting in births, and providing health care to women and infants post-pregnancy. The CNM will assist with prenatal care, labor, delivery, and postpartum care, and may also provide reproductive care, treatment, and education to female and male patients.
To be a successful wholistic CNM, you should be dedicated and focused on providing top-quality wholistic care and education to your patients, focused on “wholism” or whole-person care which considers a person’s mind, body, and spirit. You should have a strong working knowledge of trauma-informed women’s healthcare, as well as a patient, caring, and detail-oriented personality.
The ideal candidate will enjoy:
- Our unique model: In addition to our programs to build a Culture of Life in the Southwest, we also strive to provide expert healthcare to ensure that women have a life-affirming alternative through pre-natal and post-natal healthcare, education, and material support.
- Our culture: At Southwest Coalition for Life, we offer a more relaxed working environment, catering to the needs of our employees and establishing a family-like feel, leading by example to help moms the heroes by offering in-house childcare for staff and supporting breastfeeding in the workplace.
- Being an innovator: With the merger and expansion of two non-profit organizations, you will be establishing the medical practice for a new venture and helping support a ground-breaking mission on the new frontline of the pro-life movement in post-Roe America.
Southwest Coalition, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation focused on restoring reverence for the sanctity of human life and natural womanhood across the Southwest through a coalition of nonprofit social enterprises in line with Catholic and Biblical teaching, including our Guiding Star Southwest women’s medical centers, The Lily Pad Maternity Home, our Her Care Connection outreach and mobile medical bus, and Coalition for Life ministries.
Our Core Values
All team members must embody and execute our Core Values within their day-to-day duties and responsibilities:
- Humble: Lack entitlement and ego, be respectful and flexible, don’t take yourself too seriously, set others up for success even at a potential loss for yourself.
- Hungry: Have an unrelenting hunger to change the world, taking initiative fueled by a boldly optimistic hope and entrepreneurial growth mindset.
- Smart: Strong emotional intelligence understanding the impact of your words and actions on others, inviting vulnerable communication and healthy conflict.
- Heart: Be compassionate, prayerful, and empathetic with a sincere desire to truly see and know others through a reverence for life and natural womanhood.
What the Role Entails
The following are detailed performance objectives for the Certified Nurse Midwife, who will need to be/become licensed in both Texas and New Mexico. When measuring overall aptitude and cultural fit, all candidates will be benchmarked using these standards.
- Working with Gynecologists and Obstetricians to diagnose and treat women’s health issues.
- Performing routine well-woman screenings.
- Ordering, performing, and interpreting diagnostic tests, and prescribing treatments.
- Assisting mothers and families to achieve or avoid pregnancy through evidence-based FACTS and NaPro Technology.
- Assisting mothers and couples with pregnancy and post-pregnancy care.
- Preparing women for labor and delivery and assisting with the birthing process.
- Monitoring the health of expectant mothers and their infants.
- Counseling and educating male and female patients on natural reproductive health and fertility-awareness based methods of family planning.
- Performing administrative duties, such as taking patient histories, handling appointments, and processing payments.