Guiding Star Southwest
Guiding Star Southwest is searching for an Administrative Assistant to help expand services to women across the Borderland region of El Paso, Texas and Southern New Mexico. We are searching for someone that finds joy from completing items on their to-do’s and counts their day as a success if they were able to help and support managers while also completing items that need to done. This role takes place in the Borderland region of El Paso Texas and Southern New Mexico. Guiding Star El Paso is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation focused on reducing trauma in women’s healthcare by removing the expectation often placed upon women to alter, suppress, and destroy the normal healthy functions of her natural body. It is looking to find a passionate Administrative Assistant to oversee Senior Leadership emails, calendar management and communication with staff and donors on a day to day basis.
As support to a key member of the leadership team, the Administrative Assistant will manage critical emails and other forms of communication for the Senior Leadership team. The Assistant will manage schedules and complete assigned tasks diligently using sound judgment on priority and with little to no oversight.
The ideal candidate will enjoy:
- Our unique model: In addition to our programs to build a Culture of Life in the Southwest, we also strive to provide expert healthcare to ensure that women have a life-affirming alternative through pre-natal and post-natal healthcare, education, and material support.
- Our culture: At Guiding Star Southwest, we offer a more relaxed working environment, catering to the needs of our employees and establishing a family-like feel, leading by example to help moms the heroes by supporting childwatch and breastfeeding in the workplace.
- Being an innovator: With the merger of two non-profit organizations, you will be a pillar of support for a new venture and helping support a ground-breaking mission on the new frontline of the pro-life movement in post-Roe America.
House of Hope opened in 2002 providing supportive and life-affirming options to women in the El Paso area. We became Guiding Star El Paso in 2017 to help moms be heroes by empowering and connecting women and couples with free, quality, and life-affirming care which is currently expanding to provide comprehensive women’s healthcare focused on fertility, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and parenting.
Our Core Values
The Administrative Assistant will embody and execute our Core Values within their day-to-day duties and responsibilities:
- Humble: Be respectful, share credit, and lift up your team even at a potential loss for yourself.
- Hungry: Take initiative, strive for excellence in your work, and take the next step no matter the obstacles.
- Smart: Be conscious of the impact of your words and actions on others, and communicate clearly to handle conflict effectively.
- Heart: Be compassionate, prayerful, and woman-centered, empathetic towards others and able to both love joyfully and act soberly when needing to give aid.
What the Role Entails
The following are detailed performance objectives for the Administrative Assistant. When measuring overall aptitude and cultural fit, all candidates will be benchmarked using these standards.
- Within 30 days, be able to demonstrate deep understanding of Google Suite programs and other programs that the Senior Leadership team may use while completing day-to-day items and communicating effectively with the team
- Within 30 days – create an innovative system in email organization that allows Senior Leadership to focus on priority items while also addressing smaller tasks in the long term.
- Within 60 days – Handle purchasing responsibilities for the Senior Leadership team through Amazon, Ramp, Bento and other entities as requested.
- After 90 days – Ability to manage inboxes, schedules, handle important phone calls and be able to prioritize all communication based on importance for the senior leadership team.
- Within 120 days – Prepare and set-up for major events at the direction of Senior Leadership. This includes, but is not limited to setting up tents, tables, auditory equipment and other technology equipment as requested by Event Lead.
- Must have exemplary communication skills in relation to content, tone of voice and professionalism and carry out the role with confidentiality and confidence